Clubbing is a lot like a Happy Meal. It’s great occasionally, but when you eat one too many, you realise it’s not that great and that there are plenty of other options that could actually be a lot better.
If you’ve already realised that, good for you. You’ve transitioned from believing there’s more to partying than Harwell remixes in a noisy, sweaty room full of strangers. It’s safe to say you’re more likely the type who’d prefer a more intimate house party. And we totally get you!
Here are a few things you like us, will be able to relate to if you prefer house parties over clubbing.
1. You are welcomed with a friendly “heeeey!” instead of an entry fee at a house party
At house parties you are welcomed into your friend’s home with a hug and a chorus of happy people yelling, “Heeeeey!” We’ll definitely take that over paying to enter a place where you have to share the dance floor with people you don’t know and dance to music you may not even like.
2. Jeans and chappals are totally acceptable outfits at a house party
It’s so relieving to swap those 6-inch heels and leather shoes for cosy sandals, because comfort is the main criteria when hanging with your friends at a house party.
3. You can talk to your heart’s desire at a house party instead of shouting over loud club music
Unless you and your friends are acquainted with some sort of sign language, forget about any kind of communication with each other in the club. Sorry but we prefer real words and the option to leave the room if it’s too loud and enter another room to have a chat. But that’s just us, what about you?
4. When you get tired of standing, you have the option to…wait for it…actually sit, at a house party
Good luck finding a spot in the club to sit. And even if you do, there’s literally nothing to do since you can’t sit and talk to anyone, it’s too loud to hear each other.
5. You don’t have to rush out of the door when the clock strikes 1:30 a.m.
Clubbing can be a total bummer because you have to keep a check on your watch for the closing time. Whereas, the party at a house party ends only when you decide to leave.
6. There’ll always be a welcoming bowl of chakna at a house party
You better be eating before you go clubbing. With a crowded club, busy waiters and expensive food, you’ll be left almost starving by the end of the night.
7. You’ll have personal space. Oh heck, you’ll even have space if you want to pull a dance move at a house party
If you even have enough space to accommodate your two feet at a club, that’s a good night.
8. You don’t look like a sweaty mess who’s just ran 10k when you go for a house party
Forget about all that effort you put dressing up because it’s always hot in a club and it’ll be one whole night of a sweat-fest. You don’t have to worry about smudged makeup and raccoon eyes after partying at a friend’s place.
9. Dancing isn’t the only thing you have to do throughout the night
If you’re going to a club, there’s going to be dancing and more dancing, followed by some more dancing because there’s nothing else to do. If you like dancing, then clubbing is for you. But if you like catching up, chatting with your friends and enjoying a slow night (with some optional dancing too) then house parties are your thing.
Were you able to relate to these things? Then you, my friend are a house party person.
This article is now only available to subscribers. You can join here.