Having received 14 Emmy nominations and 8 Emmy awards in 2018, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel is one of the most loved shows ever. I mean, what’s not to love about it? Rachel Brosnahan does complete justice to her character “Midge”, who stumbles upon standup comedy and falls in love with it.
The stage became her favourite place because she could vent out her problems and laugh about it. Living by the quote “Life’s a tragedy to those who feel and a comedy to those who think,” She actually looks back at her life and finds it hilarious!
Well, life gets better when you add a little bit of humour to it, doesn’t it?
From a prim and “propah lady”, Midge learns to live life on her own terms and her transformation is something that’s most relatable to me.
1. “Why do we have to pretend we’re not hungry when we’re hungry?” - Midge
This is me after every 3 hours
2. When people ask me to sing in public, this is my first reaction! And very often instead of “who? Me?” I go all “why me” but I do sing eventually.
3. You know when your friend gets you a surprise gift and you think you’ll like it, but you don’t really like it, so you nod...oh well. Midge behen you and I are same to same!
4. This is me walking away from an awkward conversation. Yeah, like Midge, I’m marvelously smooth like that!
5. When your friend is upset and you don’t know how to console her, so you give her your food. Yeah, didn’t I say I Maisel through life?
6. Midge, you’re the most relatable character ever and I cannot wait for you to come back!
Thankfully, the 6th of December is almost here! So, get ready to savour the pause with season 3 of The Marvellous Mrs. Maisel.