Let’s admit it, we do get up in time to make sure we leave on time to be at a certain place. Then how is it we are always late? Our friends tell us they will be there in five minutes, but we secretly know they probably haven’t even left home.
So, here’s what we think probably happens-
-You wake up and snooze the alarm at least 5 times.
-You wake up, sit in bed and contemplate cancelling plans.
- You wake up, sit in bed and wonder if this is really necessary. Going out and interacting with humans?
Well, there are a ton of these scenarios we all go through and by the time we step back into reality, we realise, we’re already late. Then comes the gazillion excuses.
- I took a long walk with my dog, and I forgot to track the time.
- I couldn’t find anything to wear.
- I was almost ready, but the Uber guy cancelled on me.
Okay, maybe it’s not always ‘you’ whose late, it could be your yaar too, whose never on time. But we’ve definitely bumped into a few of them, for sure.
Well, if you relate to this, keep reading...
1. They Have The World’s Best Excuses
You can always depend on them to give you excuses that’ll make your brain turn upside down. ‘Arrey yaar traffic bohot tha’
2. You And Your Other Friends Know This Yaar Will Never Make It On Time
You tried it all- called them an hour advance, texted them, dropped them an email but you know they will always be late.
3. You Find Other Things To Do Since You Already Arrived At The Venue
So, you have already reached and you don’t know what to do. You can read that book or watch a series to pass the time!
4. You End Up Calling Them Before The Actual Time So That Kabhi Toh Time Par Aaye
By now, you just know that they will be late, so what you do is call them 2 hours before the actual time so that even if they are late, they reach on time!
5. You Go Over To Their House Instead Of Calling Them Outside
‘Ab kaun itna wait kare’ so, instead of meeting them at a cafe or a restaurant, you simply go over to their place. I mean, this way you’ll at least not have to wait a thousand years LOL!
Don’t we all have a yaar like this? Then, you have got to share this with them!
This article is now only available to subscribers. You can join here.