The Specific Terms and Conditions, and the General Terms and Conditions, are collectively hereinafter referred to as “Terms and Conditions” for the Signature Masterclass Film Writers Contest.
Specific Terms and Conditions
- The Terms and Conditions apply to every person (“Participant”) entering the Signature Masterclass Film Writers Contest (the “Contest”) conducted by United Spirits Limited (“USL”) and Juventud Digital Media Private Limited (“Vice India”) (hereinafter collectively referred to as “Organizers”).
- By entering this Contest, all Participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to abide by these Terms and Conditions. If you are not agreeable to any of the Terms and Conditions, please do not participate in this Contest.
- At the time of entering the Contest, the Participant must be a resident of India and must be an Indian citizen. Participant who feature in the photos that may be submitted as a part of the Contest, must not be less than twenty one (21) years of age. The age of the Participant who feature in the photos that may be submitted as a part of the Contest shall be calculated from the date a Participant submits his/ her entry for the Contest. All entries in this Contest will be automatically disqualified without notice if an entrant is less than twenty one (21) years of age or if he/ she promotes this Contest through unsolicited commercial e-mail and/or multiple postings.
- The Contest starts on 12th November 2019 and ends on 7th March 2020 (“Closing Date”). Each Participant must complete the below entry process, on or before the Closing Date. Results will be declared 45 working days from the Closing Date. The Organizers reserve the right to change the duration of the Contest and the date of announcement of the prizes and winners.
- The Contest is applicable across all the states in the Indian sub-continent.
- Process of entry into the Contest:
- Participants should submit their stories in Hindi or English on the microsite to participate in the Contest.
- Participants must develop the story based on the pre-set and prescribed themes to qualify for shortlisting in the Contest.
- Participant shall ensure that the story does not contain any material which is offensive, derogatory, explicit or perverse to any specific race, gender or class of persons or degrading to public conscience or morals and / or is not in conformity with Indian sentiments.
- Entries for the Contest will be judged based on creativity, engagement, storytelling skills, use of language and structure.
- Signature story inspired by real life
- “… and this is how I found the extraordinary from my ordinary life”
- When you make your mark in the world
- Stranger than fiction
- No calls, messages or emails to the Organizers shall be accepted. By entering the Contest, each Participant promises that he or she fulfils the eligibility requirements.
- Prizes: The Participant is shortlisted for a prize after successfully completing the process. The winners shall be selected as per the process stated below.
a) The Organizers will shortlist 12 candidates out of all the entries received who will get a chance to present their stories (in under 5 minutes) at a live event in front of celebrity judges in one of the following cities: Kolkata, Hyderabad, Pune and Guwahati. In case the shortlisted candidates are not from these cities, the Organizers’ shall arrange for travel, lodging and boarding of the Participant to attend the live event.
b) The stories of the candidates will be critiqued during the live event.
c) Participants may receive continued mentorship by the Organizers or other industry professionals to develop the story before they present it at the live event.
d) The 12 candidates shortlisted will get an opportunity to meet with a celebrity based on the location of the live event that they will be attending.
e) The candidates whose stories are selected in each of these live events (i.e. a total of 4 candidates) will be rewarded with a DSLR camera.
f) Of these top 4 candidates, 1 final winner be chosen, and the winner will be given an opportunity to create and develop a short film (duration of about 5 minutes) with a production budget of INR 5,00,000. The winner will also be mentored by the Vice India team.
g) The Organizers reserve all rights to choose the cast, crew (including the director) and producer for the short film which will be developed by the winner. The winner will get credit in the short film as the ‘Writer’ or ‘Writer and Director’ as per his/her capabilities and involvement during the production of the short film.
h) The winner shall be informed about his/her selection through email / leaderboard section on the Contest page / website. The Organizers further reserve the right to change the mechanisms for notifying the Participants about the Contest and/or the prizes.
i) In the event that the shortlisted candidates do not make themselves available for the live event and/ or do not provide the information requested for by the Organizers within the stated timelines, the shortlisted candidate acknowledges and agrees that he/ she shall forfeit the prize being awarded and the Organizers shall have the right to award the same prize(s) to another Participant(s).
j) The winner agrees to attend the writer camps, awards function, concert etc. (“Function”) as requested by the Organizers; however if the winner for any genuine reason is not able to attend such Function, he/she shall immediately notify the Organizers with reasons of inability to attend such Function, within 3 days of receipt of intimation from the Organizers.
k) The Organizers shall not be responsible for failure to contact any potential winner(s), and will not be responsible for contacting or awarding the prizes to any selected Participant(s) who does not respond to the Organizers’ e-mail or telephone calls, if any, within the time periods provided, for any reason whatsoever.
- The terms and conditions for redeeming and utilizing the prizes will be provided to the winners. Winners will have to comply with such terms and conditions in order to redeem the prizes. The winner has to provide necessary details and documents validating his/her identity in the event of he/she qualifies as a winner. In the event the selected winner(s) do(es) not provide the relevant documents (such as pan card, identity proof, mobile no. ownership) as required by the Organizers, within a period of Ten (10) days of intimation with regard to the same, the Organizers may, at its sole discretion, cancel the entitlement of the said winner and may award the prize to the second highest eligible participant.
- The prize in the Contest may be subject to variation at the discretion of the Organizers, and any change will be final and binding upon every Participant who enters this Contest.
- The prizes for this Contest will be given to the winners as set out in these Terms and Conditions. Each winner must accept his/ her prize in that form. Under no circumstances will cash be given as an alternative. The prizes are not transferable and must be accepted as awarded with no substitutions in cash or otherwise, except at the Organizers’ sole discretion. The Organizers reserve the right to substitute a prize of equivalent value if a prize or a component of it cannot be awarded or utilized as described.
- The Prize Winners may be liable for any taxes, duties, perquisite tax, income tax and/or surcharges that may be levied on competition/contest prizes/ awards and for any expenses not specified in the description of the prizes.
- Contest entries and any materials (except the story submitted by the Participants) (whether in written, audio, electronic or visual form, or a combination of those) by the Participants is the property of USL and USL shall have the right, in perpetuity, to use the material in any medium (including internet) free of charge and in any reasonable manner it sees fit. All present and future intellectual property rights in any such material become and remain the sole property of USL.
- The winner acknowledges and agrees that USL shall have an irrevocable and exclusive license but not an obligation, to publish, promote and commercially exploit the story and short film submitted by the winner, throughout the world in any medium (including internet) in perpetuity. The winner hereby expressly, irrevocably and unconditionally waives, to the maximum extent possible, all moral rights to which he/she may now or at any time be entitled in respect of any video, photo, film or other document protected by intellectual property rights. USL shall also have the right to adapt, edit or modify the story as solely determined by USL and shall not be required to take any further approval or to notify the winner or pay any additional consideration for the grant of the aforesaid rights.
- Participants understand that every process of the Contest will be filmed/recorded and photographed by the Organizers who shall also have the right to use, publish and display such video recordings and the Participant’s information, photograph, voice, video, statements, write up, story, articles, quotes etc. The Organizer’s publication and exploitation rights as above mentioned include without limitation the publishing, advertising, trade, publicity and promotional in any media on any platform or medium whether online, offline, print, TV, Radio etc.
General Terms and Conditions
- Employees of the Organizers or their relatives or employees of the Organizers’ affiliates, group companies, and marketing and promotion agencies are not eligible to participate in this Contest.
- Failure to comply with any of these Terms and Conditions (including instructions) will disqualify any Participant from continuing to take part in the Contest and such Participant's participation will be invalid. The Organizers retain the sole discretion to refuse Participants the right to participate if it feels that these Terms and Conditions are being violated.
- The Organizers reserve the right to change any details of the Contest, including but not limited to amending these Terms and Conditions; the type of Contest and the prizes for the Contest. USL reserves the right to amend, temporarily suspend or withdraw the Contest in its absolute discretion provided that USL shall not exercise this right unreasonably. The Participants are advised to regularly check for any updates/amendments.
- The Organizers shall not be liable to award/provide the prize(s) and/or declare the winners of the prizes of the Contest due to any cause beyond its reasonable control, including but not limited to, Act of God, insurrection or civil disorder, religious strife, war or military operations, terrorist act, partial or total strikes, either internal or external, lock-out, epidemic, blockage of means of transport or of supplies, national or local emergency, earthquake, fire, storm, flood, water damage, governmental, regulatory or legal restrictions, acts or omissions of persons for whom the Organizers are not responsible.
- By entering this Contest, Participants agree to hold harmless and keep indemnified the Organizers, their agencies and their affiliates, and judges, if any, of the Contest against any and all liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described) with respect to or arising out of: (i) Participant's participation in the Contest; (ii) the receipt or use of the prizes awarded; and (iii) the administration of the Contest and the distribution of prizes awarded. Participants hereby release, waive and discharge any and all claims of damage, loss or causes of action (including negligence) including but not limited to loss or damage to person or property which the Participant and his/her representatives or assignees may have, suffer or which may hereinafter accrue to the Participant or as a result of the Participant's participation in the Contest or use of the prizes awarded.
- The Organizers shall not be liable for any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage, loss of profits, business, revenue and/or goodwill. The aggregate liability of the Organizers, in case of any damage, loss, cost, claim, liability or expense (including legal costs and expenses) caused to or incurred by any act, omission or representation in relation to the Contest shall not exceed the value of gratification won by the winner.
- The Organizers reserve the right to disqualify any Participant and/or winner who tampers with the entry process or submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who has, in the opinion of the Organizers, engaged in conduct in entering or participating in the Contest which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Contest and/or the Organizers. The Organizers reserve the right to exclude Participants and/or winners who have been convicted of a criminal offence or who have a criminal court case pending.
- The Participant warrants that he/she is the sole owner of any and all materials submitted by him/her as part of the Contest including but not limited to all details mentioned on the entry form (“Materials”), and he/she has obtained all necessary consents, if any, and neither the Materials nor its exploitation by USL or its affiliates will infringe any rights of any third party. The Participant shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless USL, its affiliates, its agencies and judges, if any, of the Contest from any and all liability, loss, costs, damage, judgment, or expense (including reasonable attorney’s fees) resulting from or arising in any way out of any such claims by any third parties and/or which are based upon, or are the result of any breach of the warranties in this paragraph.
- All Participants acknowledge and agree that the decisions of the Organizers with respect to all aspects of the Contest are final and no correspondence will be entered into in this regard in any manner whatsoever.
- The Organizers shall not be responsible and/or liable in any manner whatsoever for:
(i) late, lost, illegible, falsified, delayed, incomplete or destroyed entries and all such entries shall be void and may be disqualified at any time;
(ii) incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, lost delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omissions, interruptions, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer lines or networks, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof;
(iii) entry materials/ data that have been tampered with or altered shall be considered void;
(iv) any problems, errors, or negligence that may arise or occur in connection with this Contest, including but not limited to, any damage to the Participant's computer or other technical device, or software, as a result of the Participant's participation in this Contest;
(v) any failure or breach by any party in connection with this Contest, prize or prizes and accepts no responsibility for any loss suffered by a Participant arising from this Contest, prize or prizes.
- USL advocates the responsible service and consumption of alcohol and abides by a strict code of marketing practice for alcoholic beverages. It is a condition of this Contest that Participants comply with applicable regulations and guidelines for the responsible service and promotion of alcohol, (available at www.DrinkIQ.com). Participants are encouraged to visit www.DrinkIQ.com for information on safe drinking, standard drinks and related issues.
- The Organizers collect Participants' personal information in order to conduct the Contest. If the information requested is not provided, the Participant is not eligible to participate in the Contest. By entering the Contest, unless otherwise advised, each Participant also agrees that the Organizers and/or its affiliates may use this information and/or disclose it to other organisations that may use it, in any media for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes without any further reference, payment or other compensation to the Participant. Participants' personal information may be disclosed to government authorities and winners' names may be published. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. Each Participant understands that he/she is providing his/her information to USL, the recipient(s) of information, and not to Facebook. The information each Participant provides will only be used for the purposes of administering this Contest and the prizes. All rights are reserved.
- If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is found to be invalid by any Court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions, which shall remain in full force and effect. Indian laws shall be exclusively applicable to any and all disputes arising out of or in connection with the Contest or these Terms and Conditions. The Courts at Bengaluru shall have sole jurisdiction over any and all disputes arising out of or in connection with this Contest.