Moscow Mule Cocktail
Moscow Mule is a classic Russian cocktail made by blending Vodka and Ginger Beer. The original recipe was served in a Copper Mug filled with ice. During the 1940s, Vodka was not popular outside of Russia and Central Europe. After purchasing a popular Vodka, John Martin of G.F. Heublein and Bros. started to promote this colourless spirit outside of Europe by using the Moscow Mule.
- 60 ml Smirnoff Vodka
- 10 ml Lime Juice
- Cracked ice
- Ginger beer
- Lime slice for decoration
- This drink is either served built-up or shaken.
- Fill the Cocktail Shaker with lots of ice and add 60 ml Smirnoff Vodka and 10 ml Lime juice to it.
- Shake the mix rigorously, until the outside of the shaker becomes frosted.
- Strain and pour the mix into a Highball Glass filled with cracked ice up to the brim.
- Top up the mix with Ginger Beer and stir the ingredients well.
- Garnish the cocktail with herbs, sprigs and a slice of lime.
This article is now only available to subscribers. You can join here.