- 1/2 cup chopped fresh ginger
- 2/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 3 tablespoons chopped crystallized ginger
- 8 whole star anise
- 1 bottle (750 ml) Champagne or sparkling wine
- This cocktail is made in two parts.
- First, take half a cup of water in a saucepan and add half a cup of finely chopped ginger to it.
- Add 2/3 cup of sugar to this mix and bring it to a boil on a simmer flame.
- Cook the ingredients, until the mixture thickens to the consistency of Maple Syrup.
- Turn off the flame and allow the mixture to cool.
- Take a shallow plate and add 2 teaspoons of sugar and ¼ teaspoon of Chinese five-spice powder to it.
- Rim the Champagne Flute with the made powder.
- Pour 1 teaspoon crystallized ginger and 1 Anise star in the rimmed glass.
- Add 1 teaspoon of the prepared syrup and 30ml Champagne to the glass.
- Garnish the mix with a mint sprig or a lime wedge.
This article is now only available to subscribers. You can join here.