Barbed Wire is a classic cocktail, which is cherished for its sophisticated flavours. It is one of the popular Vodka cocktails, which is known to give an electrifying after taste with just a few sips. To get the right blend of sweet and sour, the base spirit Vodka is mixed with sweet Vermouth and well-aged Sherry. Sherry is known to add a unique golden brown colour to this mix.
- 3 measures Smirnoff No. 21 vodka
- 1 tsp sweet vermouth
- 1/2 tsp pernod
- 1/2 measure dry sherry
- Lemon slice, to decorate
- This Vodka based cocktail is served shaken.
- Fill a Cocktail Shaker with lots of ice and then add 90ml Vodka, 15ml Dry Sherry, a teaspoon of Sweet Vermouth and half a teaspoon of Pernod to it.
- Shake the mix vigorously until the outside of the shaker become frosted.
- Strain and pour the cocktail into a chilled Martini Glass.
- Cracked ice will chill the drink faster.
- A peel of lemon can be added to the glass to decorate the cocktail.